The Compliance Review Process
What Are the Contents of a Request for a Compliance Review?
A request for a compliance review must include the following:
- names, addresses, and other contact information of your group
and/or your group's representative;
- whether your group wishes to keep your identities confidential and
the reason(s) why;
- if you are representing an affected group, include evidence of
to represent them;
- description of the harm or suffering you and your group are experiencing,
or may experience;
- name and location of the ADB-assisted project;
- outcome or remedies that your group believes ADB should provide;
- explanations on the results of your group's efforts to bring your
complaint first to the SPF;
- if your complaint was rejected by the SPF, an explanation on why
your group is submitting a request for a compliance review;
- if your group cannot provide any of the aforementioned information,
an explanation or reasons why; and
- any other matters or facts, with supporting documents, that you
consider relevant to your group's request.
The requester is not required to cite alleged noncompliance with
specific ADB policies; however, the requester may allege any policy
noncompliance that the requester believes are linked to an ADB act or omission because of ADB's alleged failure to follow its operational policies
If a request does not have sufficient information, the CRP may seek
further information and documentation from the requester before determining
the eligibility of the request for a compliance review.
What Is the Format of a Request for a
There is no specific format for a request for a compliance review.
However, a sample form is shown on the next page.
What Language Should I Use?
You may submit your request for a compliance review in English or in any
of the official or national languages of ADB's DMCs. If a request is submitted
in a language other than English, additional time will be required